Tuesday, December 29, 2009

How I spent my winter vacation!

Remember those essays we all had to write at one point or another in grade school…"what I did for summer vacation” or something along that line…? There was always some kind of fabulous adventure to write about…a new bike, a new best friend, a trip to see the grandparents in Chicago, a trip out west to see the Oregon coast for the first time (I grew up landlocked in the Midwest).

It is only now, more than a few years after grade school, that I know…I never really did anything that spectacular during those vacations, though it was surely spectacular to me at the time…never really saw anything that unique…and I know this now because I got to experience a truly spectacular, wonderfully unique place…the island of North Caicos.

I will write about it a little more, in a later post, but here is a visual preview of my “how I spent my winter vacation” essay!

HNS_6106-Edit HNS_5754-Edit HNS_5761-Edit HNS_5827-Edit HNS_5750-Edit HNS_5666-Edit

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my gosh, Kris! What a beautiful vacation!!! And beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete