Saturday, January 21, 2012

Excited to share!


Okay, so this is pretty exciting for me...  My friend, Oddny Gumaer, has published her second book!  It's entitled, "Picking Flowers on Dusty Roads" and it's available through Partners and Amazon.  I just ordered several copies for my family and am excited to read it, as it was her other book, "Displaced Reflections ", which inspired my involvement with Partners and my trip this past Spring. 

Oddny has a very approachable writing style, which makes it feel like you are having a conversation with a friend.  Granted, I don't have a lot of friends who eagerly discuss the issues facing isolated ethnic groups in politically volatile Burma, but when she weaves her thoughts about being a mother, being a woman, being a Christian, and simply being human...it becomes easy to understand her compassion for these beautiful people.

As I said, I am really excited to receive my new book, I am really excited for my friend Oddny for completing her writing, and I am particularly excited about the publication because that beautiful image on the front cover is mine!  I snapped the shutter one time as this stunning young girl walked past us down the dry creek bank...and it is one of my very favorite images (an almost life-sized one in canvas in my dining room, that is how much she stayed with me, those eyes...).  Hauntingly beautiful...and very telling of the amazing people whose lives and futures Oddny tells us about in her book, "Picking Flowers on Dusty Roads."



No comments:

Post a Comment