Thursday, May 10, 2012

Home...

Hi!  If you followed my Africa blog posts, I hope you enjoyed the re-cap of our amazing adventure! 

All of the entries were taken right from my beautiful journal (thanks Allison & Stephen!), which were perhaps written a little disjointedly, as I didn't have a lot of time to find my pen while bumping around in our safari rig or flying over the Serengeti in a bush plane!  (Seriously, it was so damn cool!)

Our plan, for those who have inquired, is to put together a "best-of" print showing of some kind...perhaps at the local Art Walk this Fall...and I am working on a photo book...and definitely a calendar, as is tradition for our family and friends!  I will keep you posted!

If an African safari is on your "Bucket List", my advice, of course...DO IT!  It seems impossible, I know; the planning, the saving money and vacation time, and those infinitely long flights...but I promise you won't regret it!  It was certainly on our list and we are so grateful that the chance to go on this incredible trip with Henry Holdsworth and our crew of equally excited adventurers presented itself!  And I am so grateful that my husband, who at times, I am certain, thinks I am far too spontaneous and far too quick to say yes to crazy travel opportunities, well...he said YES to this trip as eagerly as I!  And we had an amazing time!

We've been back for just over 2 months now...sweet little Harper is growing so fast, it's hard to believe...and, of course, our life carried on after Africa; with work, time with family and plenty of home projects.  We are looking forward to the warmer temperatures of Spring and Summer...heading to Yellowstone with our new "African" friends, Lyle and Sue; heading to the coast to breathe in some sea air; seeing family and friends; watching Harper grow;...Mike is competing in a Spartan Race!; and we'll be spending some time on the water in kayaks and in the Sportsmobile exploring...never stop exploring.

The morale of the story...it's an incredible world with so much to see and do...say YES!  You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment