Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tread lightly...

One of the best things about photography...well, really, any kind of creative field...is that we all see the world so differently from each other. Case in point, Tyler turned in a great couple of photos for the latest assignment, that of PATTERNS! Tyler "sees" things differently than I, not better, not worse...just differently! It's so fun!!
It would not have occurred to me to photograph my car's tire treads as part of an assignment about Patterns. I don't think it's just that, well, I am a girl...and, even more, I am a girl who doesn't pay much attention to treads or tires...(ask my husband who has to remind me to rotate them or replace them when they look like racing tires!)...but I just don't "see" them! But look at them...they are kind of cool! And what a unique pattern! (Perhaps Part II of Tyler's assignment would be the imprint of this tire in mud?! Kind of a negative version to this positive...?)
Anyway, nice job Tyler! I have to find some time to work on my own assignment...been keeping busy enjoying my daughter's visit home from college...and celebrating my other daughter's birthday...and other fun stuff!
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment